Friday, June 24, 2011

Watercolor Crayons

I came across a video last week using Stampin' Up! Watercolor Crayons.  It reminded me that it has been a really long time since I have pulled mine out and used them.  So, I pulled out my watercolor crayons and watercolor paper and got busy!


This stamp set is a level 2 hostess set in the Summer Mini catalog.  I took my crayon and colored directly onto the stamp while it was dry.  After I colored it, I applied water using a spray bottle and then I applied it to my paper.  When using this technique, make sure that you apply firm, even pressure to the stamp and let it sit for just a few seconds longer on your paper to make sure that you have a nice, dark image.  The crayon needs to "soak" into the paper a bit.  This was really fun and I might even make up a couple more of these for my stash!

If you have any questions, please let me know.  To order the supplies listed below, click HERE.  Have a great day!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Love & Care (123020/wood, 123022/clear), Sincere Salutations (115068)
Paper: Concord Crush, Pear Pizzaz, Watercolor Paper
Accessories: Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon (117288), watercolor crayons (119802/subtles, 119803/regals, 119804/brights, 119805/neutrals)

No comments: