Friday, June 24, 2011

Something Sweet Card

I created this card for the How Sweet it Is challenge over at http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/.  The challenge was to use some sweet treat on your project.  I haven't used this stamp set in a very long time so I thought I would give it a try!

I wanted to use seam binding that matched my project, but since the seam binding does not come in the new Lucky Limeade color, I created my own.   I placed the binding directly onto my ink pad and then I used a sponge to hold it on the top. I pulled the seam binding between the pad and sponge to apply the color.  After it dried, I attached it to my card.


When I was finished stamping the project, I applied crystal effects to the entire globe portion of the card.  I did use black craft ink and black embossing powder for the globe, so it helped keep the crystal effects inside.

I really enjoyed making this project and I hope you have enjoyed viewing it!  Thanks for looking!

Supplies: (All products are Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Something Sweet
Paper: Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Peach Parfait, Whisper White
Ink: Black Craft Ink, Peach Parfait, Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Vanilla Seam Binding, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge, Oval punch and Scallop oval punch

6 comments:

Joy said...

Sweet card ! The gunball machine looks great ....sweet sentiment too! Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot !

Kate said...

What a fabulous card! How clever of you to colour your own seam binding, too! The gumball machine looks fantastic!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Amy C said...

What a wonderful card!! I really love the colors and how you created your own seam binding to match the color you wanted. Fab job!! I have to admit that I have this stamp set and I haven't even used it.....but now I think I will have to pull it out and put it to good use after seeing your lovely card. Thanks for joining us this week at My Craft Spot

Hugs,
Amy
Scrapping Mommy

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Sooo cute! Love the sentiment! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

rockpapercricut said...

Your card turned out so cute! Great Job! I love the color combo. Thanks for entering your card in this weeks challenge at My Craft Spot. :)


Ally

jennyplace2 said...

This is one sweet card! Great take on the challenge! Thanks for joining in the fun at My Craft Spot.