Thursday, January 12, 2012

Letterpress Valentine's Day Card

I bought this letterpress plate last year when it came out the Occasions Mini catalog.  I was really excited to use it.  At the time, I didn't have a Big Shot machine and the letterpress plates did not work really well in the cuttlebug machine at all.  Needless to say I didn't do much with it last year at all.  

Now that I have my Big Shot machine, it works so much better!!!!  If you need a big shot machine just let me know and I know just the place you can get one!!! 


I started by inking up the Lots of Love letterpress plate with Chocolate Chip Craft ink.  I ran it through the Big Shot machine on watercolor paper.  I then sponged the whole paper with Crumb Cake ink.

I did the marker to stamp technique to ink up the strawberry stamp from the P.S. I Love You stamp set.  I cut it out and then laid it on top of the Very Vanilla layer.  I also stamped the heart from the same stamp set and punched it out with the large heart punch.  I stamped the sentiment from the same set on the heart and then also on a scrap of vanilla paper and used the 3/4" circle punch.  I used the pinking hearts border punch on Real Red card stock.  I layerd it all together onto a Real Red card base.  

If you have any questions, please let me know!!

Supplies: (All Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Real Red, Watercolor paper, Very Vanilla,
Stamps: P.S. I Love You
Ink: Markers--Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip Craft Ink, Real Red Classic Ink
Accessories: Pinking Heart border punch, Large Heart punch, 3/4" circle punch, dimensionals, Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, Lots of Love letterpress plate

No comments: