Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Valentine's Day Cards


I love this girl stamp.  She is from the Greeting Card Kids set.  I colored her on one image with water color crayons and the other with water color pencils.

In the card above I used the water color crayons.  I used water color paper and it makes all the difference when trying to get nice, vibrant colored images.


 On this card I used the water color pencils.  It's not as vibrant as the crayons, but the color moves a bit better.  I did use the aqua painter with both images and I usually like to use blender pens with the water color crayons.

The base layers are the same for both cards and I used lots of goodies from the Occasions mini.  I used Whisper White and embossed the bottom of the panel with the adorning accents heart folder.  I used the labels framelits dies to matte the focal image. I did 3 score lines above the hearts for a little more interest.

Supplies: (All Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Real Red, water color paper
Ink: Stazon-Jet Black, Pretty in Pink, Real Red
Stamps: Greeting Card Kids
Accessories: framelits-labels, adorning accents embossing folders, score board, water color crayons, water color pencils, aqua painter, PIP satin ribbon, RR satin ribbon, glue dots

No comments: