Friday, January 6, 2012

Valentine Cards

When I saw this new set in the Occasions Mini Catalog, I knew i had to have it. It is so cute and was super fun to play with. I created three versions of the card and decided on the poppy version for my monthly stamp club swaps.


I started with a 4 1/2" square card. I cut my layers 1/4" shorter from that. I stamped all card bases with En Francais background stamp. (some in Pretty in Pink and some in Pure Poppy)I stamped the heart rows from top to bottom: Real Red, Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink.


For the card above, I created the base layer out of Pretty in Pink and I sponged the edges with the same ink.  I also created my own Pretty in Pink color spritz.  I put several drops of Pretty in Pink re-inker into a spray bottle with some water and sprayed some Very Vanillia seam binding.  I crinkled it as I dried it with the heat tool.


For the card above, the base layer is Pure Poppy and I used the Pure Poppy twill ribbon.


On the card above, I used Regal Rose base layer and Real Red Satin Ribbon.  On this card I did not punch out each heart.  I stamped them directly onto the white layer.

 

For the first two cards I used the small heart punch and punched out each heart.  I then popped them up onto dimensionals and lined them up on the card.

If you have any questions, please let me know!  Thanks for looking!!

Supplies:  (All Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Pure Poppy, Regal Rose
Stamps: Candy Conversations, En Francais
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Pure Poppy, Regal Rose, Real Red, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Pure Poppy Ribbon, Vanillia Seam Binding, Real Red Satin Ribbon, small heart punch, dimensionals

No comments: